I want to live in both a large, fast-paced city and a small, sleepy village in the mountains somewhere and it’s making figuring out what to do with my life really hard
awwww yeah guess who has her first archery lesson on Sunday???!!!!
I fully expect to be able to do this by the end of it:
why are there some lipsticks like $30 please calm down you glorified red crayon
I have been tagged in ~about me~ posts by a bunch of you lovely people recently so I’m gonna save some time and combine them all into one post! Hopefully this won’t get too unbearably long.
YOU CAN TELL A LOT ABOUT SOMEONE BY THE TYPE OF MUSIC THEY LISTEN TO. HIT SHUFFLE ON YOUR IPOD, PHONE, ITUNES, MEDIA PLAYER ETC AND WRITE DOWN THE FIRST 20 SONGS. THEN PASS THIS ON TO 10 PEOPLE. ONE RULE: NO SKIPPING
1. Little House of Savages - The Walkmen // 2. You Are Not Alone - Mavis Staples // 3. Grape Juice City - Ratatat // 4. Mercury - Bloc Party // 5. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - The Beatles // 6. A Punchup at a Wedding - Radiohead // 7. Untitled - Neutral Milk Hotel // 8. Invasion of Asgard - Brian Tyler // 9. Turn a Square - The Shins // 10. Fire - Jake Bugg // 11. Sinister Kid - The Black Keys // 12. You Are a Tourist - Death Cab for Cutie // 13. Everything Hits at Once - Spoon // 14. The Imperial March - John Williams (HAHA I didn’t even know I had this song in my iTunes) 15. Gorgeous Behavior - Marching Band // 16. Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner - Fall Out Boy (ahhh and THERE’S the embarrassment) // 17. Lenin - Arcade Fire // 18. Good to Sea - Pinback // 19. I Luv the Valley Oh - Shearwater // 20. The Fool on the Hill - The Beatles
Well that’s a very strange and varied playlist. Not all of those songs are winners, haha. I’ve seen a lot of you do this one so apologies if you’ve already done it, but I tag alexleefitz and spider-womans and affinitiesrnl
I was also tagged by makostars, also a fine upstanding Tumblr citizen, in this:
Give us five random facts about yourself and pass it on to ten of your followers.
1. My first internet fan community experience was writing Harry Potter fanfiction on the Warner Brothers Message Boards circa 2001ish. It was great. I wrote a story about the daughter of Voldemort (lolol) and I still have it on a floppy disk (!!!!!) somewhere.
2. I have been to the Daily Show/Colbert Report a total of 11 times. (they’re both fun but if you have to choose, go Colbert. And time’s running out on that one!)
3. I have/had an eating disorder but it’s not one of the ones you’re thinking of.
4. I recently found out the old dusty library copy of Lord of the Rings I first read when I was 10 years old is a rare edition worth something close to $10,000 now. The library seems to have gotten rid of it in a book sale somewhere in the last fifteen years, because of course it has.
5. I have read the first few scripts of season 5 of Game of Thrones! And the only reason I’m being a total asshole and bragging about that is because it’s the only cool thing about my job so just let me have it, okay?? Okay.
Phew. I FEEL SO MUCH CLOSER TO YOU ALL NOW! <3